We hope you are enjoying your new Multi-Port Adapter!
However, if you are experiencing any issues with your Ethernet connection, please follow the steps below. Please note there are two sets of troubleshooting instructions. Follow Set #1 first and test your Ethernet again. If your issues still persist, move onto Set #2. If you have any other questions, please contact us at email@example.com
1) Disconnect your Multi-Port Adapter from your computer
2) Open up your Network Preferences
3) Manually remove "USB 10/100/1000 LAN" from your Network by clicking the "-" symbol
4) Plug your Multi-Port Adapter back into your computer
5) Manually add in "USB 10/100/1000 LAN" to your Network Preferences by clicking the "+" symbol
6) After adding your Ethernet back in, please click on "Advanced" tab
7) In the "Advanced" tab, click on "Renew DHCP Lease" button
8. Click "OK" and check your Ethernet connection. "USB 10/100/1000 LAN" should be connected now.
1. Open up Network Preferences with your adapter and Ethernet connected
2. Click on your Ethernet connection and where it says “Configure IPv4:” use the drop-down box to select “Manually”
3. Fill out the boxes according to your IP address
4. Click on “Advanced”
5. Select the DNS tab and input your DNS info
6. Click “OK” then click “Apply”
7. Open up your internet browser and hit refresh.