1) Disconnect your Multi-Port Adapter from your computer
2) Open up your Network Preferences
3) Manually remove "USB 10/100/1000 LAN" from your Network by clicking the "-" symbol
4) Plug your Multi-Port Adapter back into your computer
5) Manually add in "USB 10/100/1000 LAN" to your Network Preferences by clicking the "+" symbol
6) After adding your Ethernet back in, please click on "Advanced" tab
7) In the "Advanced" tab, click on "Renew DHCP Lease" button
8. Click "OK" and check your Ethernet connection. "USB 10/100/1000 LAN" should be connected now.
If you are unable to add the USB LAN interface back in after this, please do the following SMC reset.
Remove the Type-C Hub from the Macbook and follow the below instructions :
- Step 1: Completely shut down the computer.
- Step 2: Attach the MagSafe or USB-C power adapter to your computer so you have a power source.
- Step 3: Press the left-side Shift (⇧), Control, and Option keys, along with the power button on your keyboard all at the same time. (for 10 seconds)
- Step 4: Release all of the keyboard keys at the same time, including the power button.
- Step 5: Turn your computer back on using the power button.
Reconnect the Type-C Hub to the Macbook.